Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Scrapbook Layouts from this Weekend

Despite the beautiful weather here in Indiana this weekend, I was able to do a little bit of scrapbooking! I actually had some extra incentive to make my layouts. Last week, I talked to Susan Luke at PaperCraftCentral regarding the possibility of guest posting on her site. To my delight, she agreed! In addition to the post I wrote for her site -  Six Secrets for Simple Scrapbook Layouts -  I wanted to provide pictures as examples for the method I discuss in the article.

I made four different layouts that I plan to use for my oldest son's scrapbook album. Here they are:




If you want to learn more about how I put these together, make sure you check out the post on Susan's site. Basically, I pick out paper, card stock, and embellishments, and instead of coming up with new ideas for every layout I make, I make several using the same selections.

For these, I used my Cricut Expression to cut the stars used on each of the pages. The rest of the elements were cut using my paper trimmer. The titles are chipboard stickers from American Crafts. The sketches that  I used were my own (you can download a free sampler pack of them from my Easy Scrapbook Sketches website!).

I have a lot more crafting to do in the coming weeks. I need to make several birthday cards. My oldest son is also getting confirmed, so I want to make something for him and his classmates to commemorate the occasion. The school year will also be wrapping up in May, which means that I need to make gifts for my boys' teachers, and of course, there are always graduations too! I will attempt to take pictures of everything I make so that I can share them with you here. I would also love to hear what projects you are planning to work on too!

No comments:

Post a Comment