Inspiration for this card came from two different places.
First, Cardz TV had a fun "Let's Get Sketchy" card challenge. The sketch that we had to use was this:
I wanted to participate in the challenge, and I loved the sketch and all the inspiration from the design team at Cardz TV, so that was my first source of inspiration.
My second was a card from Hero Arts that I pinned ages back on Pinterest. Here is the Hero Art's card:
I thought it was clever how the twenty dollar bill was wrapped around the candle instead of being tucked inside the card. I often give money to my nieces and nephews for gifts, and I thought this would be a fun way to surprise them. So there you have it!
Supplies for this project:
- Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge (Used for the three candles. I modified the cut quite a bit, cutting off the "candle wax" and not making all the layers)
- Die Cuts with a View Celebration Stack (for patterned paper)
- Card stock from my stash
- Fiskars Threading Water Punch
- Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink (for inked edges on candle flames)
- Two paperclips (to hold the money candle to card)
- Adhesive pop dots (to adhere other two candles to card)
Thanks for looking!